Saturday, November 6, 2010

I need to look closer at Terry Goodkind, his latest work is most interesting

I'm reading his latest book, The Law of Nines.  The first two hundred pages are good, your basic dimension travel sci-fi/mystery.  As I got further in though, it's looking more and more like a political commentary as well.  Apparently Mr. Goodkind, in addition to having an unusual affection for the name 'Rahl' as used in his other books, is also a proponent of the 2nd Amendment and is a lover of freedom--his character speaks of those giving up their freedom and individuality for supposed security, etc..  Not terribly subtle as far as political commentary goes, but so far, as of the middle of the book, a pretty good read.  I might have to go back to the Sword of Truth series (which I stopped reading at Book 3) and see if there's anything I might have missed by not reading his later works.

No comments: