Friday, April 23, 2010

One of the dumber things I've heard lately....

I was listening to Hannity on the way back from yoga last night and in a conversation between Sean, Juan Williams, and Stuart Varney, I think I heard one of the stupidest reasons for not reducing the size of the federal government.  Juan Williams said something about if we reduced the size of the federal budget through cutting taxes then all of those people would be out of work and therefore it would hurt the economy--this is a paraphrase because as much as I enjoy Hannity, I'm not going to pay the $ to become an insider and get to the show archives..

What Willams doesn't seem to realize or is deluding himself about is that, in many cases, the role of government workers is to create a reason that they are working, mainly by putting more regulations on taxpayers, who are paying their salaries so it's basically a double-whammy.  It would be cheaper to put those workers on the dole than it would be to keep them 'gainfully employed'.

When you have unions (teachers and SEIU) in Springfield, Illinois screaming 'raise my taxes'  (when what they mean is 'raise everybody's taxes to pay for my salaries, benefits, and raises'), then that's a sign that too many people are on the public dollar and that they don't realize that the pockets of those who are paying are not infinitely deep and filled with money.  It's interesting that thousands of these people being paid by the public were able to take time off of work to protest and demonstrate to get paid more.........

No comments: