Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blogging will be light the next few days....

I'm not at the Indy Show but I've got a bunch of stuff to hopefully get organized.

I've been thinking about Haiti and the tens of billions of dollars flowing in there that will never be seen again and, in the long run, I don't think will change anything--just like Katrina in New Orleans.   The parts of New Orleans that were productive, are again.  The other parts aren't.  The crime rate has risen in cities that took Katrina refugees 'temporarily'.  Now I know by saying these things that I sound like a cruel and heartless bitch.

I have friends who have relatives there and I don't want to see anyone hurt or out of a home.  But the thing is, most of the reporters and such that are going in there and are reporting such devastating conditions didn't see it PRIOR to the earthquake.  The main road from the border with the Dominican Republic, which all of them were reporting to be in some places a dirt track, was like that BEFORE the quake--the earthquake didn't shake the pavement off. 

Maybe all of the aid dollars will help them to create what they should have had already but they got off track.  But change to maintain it has to come from within, and that's the part I'm not sure about.

No comments: