Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Algore thrown under the bus, or would that be the polar ice cap??

Via Insty, there is an article in the London Times that I thought was particularly amusing.  First my disclaimer: I don't like Algore, I don't like his politics and his self-righteous attitude with his 'green houseboat' that runs on biodiesel at a lake that has no fueling stations with biodiesel or the fact that his house sucks more power than most homes in Nashville--I guess hypocrites disturb me. 

So I admit to a bit of schadenfreude when I saw that in response to his speech at Copenhagen where he 'quoted' a scientist who Algore claimed had said that there was a "75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years".  The scientist in question, Dr. Maslowski, said "It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at. I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.”

Guess the Warm-meister was exagerating to make his point, a typical liberal strategy--his office said that his comment was based on a conversation with Maslowski several years ago.  The ironic part of this (okay the whole thing is ironic) is that probably a month ago, the scientist would not have corrected Algore but with the whole climate debacle being brought into the light of day, now the feeding frenzy begins.  Even Maslowski's fellow scientists are smacking him down for his time estimates.

It's ClimateChange Deathmatch--pull up a chair and watch what happens....

No comments: