Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Clueless, classless, and downright crass

Boy, I don't even really know where to begin on this one. Between Arlen Specter and his conversion to the Dark Side, ahem, Democrats, due to the fact that his pollsters told him that he couldn't win the Republican primary in Pennsylvania or this little tidbit that's not widely known throughout the web about how the Obama's most generously (please to note that this is meant in the most sarcastic possible way) gave autographed pictures of themselves for an auction at their children's school. They were not even original photos but were prints of the covers of Rolling Stone and Vogue.

Bear in mind that this auction is designed to raise money to bring underpriviledged children to the school. Additionally, even Bill Clinton (and I can't believe I'm saying this) had more class and donated three hours of his time for a round of golf that brought close to six figures for this project. According to the article, Chelsea Clinton is still donating time and money to the school. I guess it's fine to show up for photo ops at a soup kitchen or give speeches but heaven forbid that their children actually have to go to school with 'those types'.

Back to Arlen Specter... I have to admit that I am completely dumbfounded and dismayed by the complete and utter lack of any type of loyalty to his constituents this man has. Of course, considering his voting record, I'm not surprised since he's been a closet Democrat since he 'switched sides' in 1965.

But to actually come out and say, "I am unwilling to have my twenty-nine year Senate record judged by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate," he said in the statement. I don't have to say anything to them. They said it to me," shows that the only thing that he cares about is getting re-elected because he feels that his constituency is mistaken in not wanting to have him in office. What utter and total hubris.

I guess having a narcisist in the White House has brought out the narcissists in the Senate as well. To me this is the ultimate example of what I talked about in a previous post. There is such a total disconnect from the people that elect our officials and the officials themselves that the officials are now forgetting their responsibilities and why they were elected in the first place. If I was living in Pennsylvania right now, I'd be preparing the pitchforks and torches and would give him a reception he wouldn't forget if he dared to set foot in the state again.

No comments: