Thursday, February 4, 2016

Some things just explain themselves....

There's a local shop that is going out of business.  I'd been in a couple of times, but her hours were odd and she was generally closed before I got out of work (also not open on weekends).  It's a bead shop so pretty specialized stuff.  I'm not really surprised that she's having to close her doors for good considering her hours, but what really brought it home was when I stopped in tonight (managed to get there about 5 minutes after posted closing, but the door was still unlocked and the lights were on).  So I ask "are you still open?"  "No", she says "I'm on my way out."  She was really quite rude.  I can see why she didn't make it.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, pissing off customers 'tends' to reduce the customer base quite effectively...