Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mutts

Brigid has an interesting post up regarding some DNA testing and how it didn't quite come out the way she thought it would.  One thing that makes the USA different than every other country is the melting-pot-that-used-to-be.  I was told for a long time that I had Cherokee or Osage blood.  An uncle investigated and it turns out not to be true.  But I do have Scottish blood, and Irish, and French, and English, and some German thrown in there just because.  While there's no Native American, I do have a couple stars in the D.A.R. if I ever decided to pursue that avenue so some of my people have been here a while.  I'm American, not Scottish-American, or Irish-American, or Franco-American (although I love Spagetti-O's).

Bill Murray, I think, said it best....



2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, American over here too...

Brigid said...

I did celebrate my new found Scot heritage by buying a bottle of Bowmore and a box of shortbread cookies shaped like Scotty dogs.

Both met with my approval.