Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Book of Barkley

LB's book, The Book of Barkley, is out.  I have my copies ordered on Amazon (presently showing sold-out).  You can order yours using this link.  Her eulogy to a gentle and loving soul who, in this life had four legs and fur, is a tribute to the bond that they shared. 

I was fortunate to be a beta reader for this book and to know Barkley IRL (he never realized that he really wasn't lap-dog sized) or that a couch might have limited space.  Schmoo treated him like her goofy little brother and it was always a joy to have him (and his red-headed person) visit.  Having him visit after her passing was a balm to my battered soul and his visible joy at arriving at his (third) home never ceased to bring a smile.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who has known and loved a friend-in-fur.


4 comments:

Monkeywrangler said...

I am eagerly awaiting the hard copy! I do wish I had met Barkley IRL...

Brigid said...

He and I both had a home at your place, where we knew both joy and shelter during hard times. Thank you for that.

Brigid said...

Remember that time he was so excited to get to your house he fell OFF the porch into the flowerbeds :-)

Old NFO said...

Yep, reading the electronic version now...