Friday, June 6, 2014

D-Day

I've been reading blogposts about the storming of Normandy.  You can read some of them here, here, here.  Some posit that this could not have been done, were it done today.  Unfortunately they might be right.  But not because the will is not there. 

It's because those who are supposed to lead have lost their hearts, their will, their direction.  Form triumphs over function.  Good sense is beaten down and replaced with PC.  True leaders, being threats to those less capable are backbitten and die the death of a thousand papercuts or are paraded through the streets like the ancient Celts in Rome.

But the will of the people is there.  I'm not sure how to bring this country back to where we celebrate greatness, will, success.  But I think the tide is turning.  I hope it is because there are still enough of us who remember, who keep that ember burning. 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good points all, and I don't have a good answer either...