Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Collings Foundation

In addition to the three WWII-era planes the Collings Foundation takes around the United States, they also have Vietnam-era planes.  Old NFO has a great video and tribute.  Got awfully dusty in the house all of a sudden.  Go over there and watch the video.

Then go to the Collings Foundation website and see when they might be coming to your area.  Get out there and help support what they do.  They keep the memories alive.  A short ride in a B-24 was absolutely life-changing for me.

6 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

I absolutely love the Collings Foundation. I'm thinking that if and when I finally shuffle off this mortal coil, they're gonna get a nice gift, including most or all of my historic firearms.

Monkeywrangler said...

We've seen the Collings Foundation on many occasions. Our son loves to see the old planes. We are fortunate that they come through DFW at least once a year. We also have Fifi, the last flying B29, resident at Addison, thanks to CAF.

Midwest Chick said...

Murph: I got to ride in their B-24J when they were here last summer. Amazing experience. I have a lot of my grandfather's WWII stuff--maybe I'll give them a call.

Monkey: One of the guys I rode with in the B 24 was collecting rides--he said the B29 was his HG.

Old NFO said...

Thanks for the link, and yes they do GOOD!

Keads said...

Oh wow. Thanks for the link!

Midwest Chick said...

NFO and Keads: My pleasure. I think they are a fantastic organization!