Saturday, May 17, 2014

Knife Pron on Steroids

Via Say Uncle:  An article about knives--big knives, bad knives.  It has some good reasoning regarding the usefulness of fixed blades vs folders.  It doesn't go into how the general populace considers fixed blades of pretty much any size to be ZOMG!  Scary!, but does go into the usefulness of different sizes, blade shape, etc.  The comments have some good information as well so read the whole thing....  I don't agree with him about kydex being the perfect sheath material--I really prefer leather.

Below is my next purchase.   It's a lot larger than most of the knives I buy.  It was one of those that I should have gotten at the NRA convention and didn't.  No harm, no foul on the price, but I have to wait a little bit for it.


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh... NICE! :-)

Monkeywrangler said...

Pretty! You might like the stuff Joe Watson does at Centex knives.
I can't get the fb link in, but look it up online.

Midwest Chick said...

NFO: More knife than I'll ever need (I hope). But pretty!

MW: Will try to look him up. Thanks for the tip.

Midwest Chick said...

MW: Found him on bladeforums. Thanks for the tip!