Sunday, May 4, 2014

Interesting weekend so far....

Mr. B is having to put in a lot of hours this weekend, so I've been kickin' around and doing little things around the house.  I've got several kinds of bird feeders and yesterday all I was lacking was the Disney soundtrack--orioles, catbirds, several kinds of sparrows, bluejays, three kinds of woodpecker, goldfinches, cardinals--throw in a really large rabbit, a woodchuck down by the woods, some squirrels, and several chipmunks chasing each other around the poles and we were one unicorn away from absolutely perfect.

Our local Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by too, they had a friend's car, but know to make a lot of noise coming up to the house.  They are nice people.  As I've said before, I have no issue with someone who truly walks their talk--it's hypocrisy that chaps my butt. 

They don't preach, just throw something out for discussion--this time it was prayer.  Think I surprised them on this one because I have thought about prayer and connections to the Divine a lot.  I would guarantee I came to my conclusions from a complete different direction than they did, but from what they said, we got to the same place.  Interesting, that. 

Truly, most of the time, we talked about the manual/paddle shift vs automatic on the Subaru and the NRA convention and what I experienced there though.  We all preach it in our own ways......  ;-)

The only bad part of the evening (aside from not being able to spend it with Mr B) was the robo-calls (plural) from one candidate for County Commissioner (primaries are Tuesday).   Between those and the insipid tripe that we received in the mail, he can kiss my ass.

The rest of the evening was spent with the NRA program going to different websites for companies that piqued my interest.  AND I found the knife sheaths that were driving me nuts since I couldn't remember where I'd seen them--turns out they were Hogue sheaths-- they also have bayonet pouches, BTW.

Gotta get some other stuff done today, but NASCAR Sprint Cup is also running at Talladega this afternoon so the TV will be on.  Hoping it will be a good race!  :-)


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like a productive day :-) And Talladega WILL be interesting, as always...

Midwest Chick said...

Talladega is always a good race. Starting out with the first move on lap 13. Whoosh!

Don said...

Back when my aunt was a Jehovah's Witness (before she left 'em for the Catholics) my mom had an understanding with her--we did not get visited by the JW missionaries.

My current home gets visited, but I'm probably the only one who'd give them the time of day. My wife just finds the whole conversation boring. I'm the stereotypical mean old atheist, but my understanding from listening to Dr. Robert M. Price is that some of the JW interpretations of the Bible are more--how to say this--forthright than some other sects.

Midwest Chick said...

Yeah, I think our stop is probably one of their more pleasant. I haven't really looked at their belief system closely, but they are nice and sincere folks.