Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Excuse me, I speak politician....

Uncle Jay has this quote from Hillary Clinton regarding John Kerry taking over as Secretary of State and policy towards Iran:
“When I left as secretary and passed the baton on to Secretary Kerry, we were positioned to really explore whether we had set the table well enough to see changes that were sufficient to meet our legitimate objections to Iran’s behavior and its future plans,” Clinton said, referring to her successor, John F. Kerry.. 
As near as I can figure it means:
"We're hoping that our policy towards Iran is set in stone as much as it could be to avoid Kerry fucking it up."
I think they seriously underestimated his ability to fuck this up as well as things all over the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and North Korea, however.  But the convoluted verbiage reminded me of this:


4 comments:

3boxesofbs said...

I think it means "Please don't look closely at my record. I have not accomplished a single thing but want to give the impression of substantial work so I can run for president later".

Bob S.

juvat said...

I think it means "See, I can use 45 words in one sentence and not say anything. I'm obviously qualified to assume Obama's throne."

Old NFO said...

Lips moving = lying Just sayin...

Midwest Chick said...

BobS: That too....

Juvat: More words=less meaning.

NFO: Right in one.