Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It truly is the people that make the difference

I've been reading blog roundups from folks who were at the NRA convention.  One thing that everyone has mentioned was the people.  And that's one thing that has struck me at both blogmeets and even in this larger group.

Bill at Eastern Iowa Firearms Training I think says it best:
But what I really enjoyed most was meeting some of the personalities that I read and comment on in the gunny blog world. Quite honestly, they were – without exception – the most welcoming bunch I’d ever met and virtually all conversations had the touch and feel of long-time family friends.
 Gotta say I feel the same way.  We've got quite the tribe. 

8 comments:

Keads said...

I agree! Bill said it well.

Murphy's Law said...

Amen!

Midwest Chick said...

Keads: Yes he did! It's the same for me--sometimes it's difficult for me to relax around folks I've just met, but I'm totally comfortable with just about everyone I met.

BTW, hope you didn't have to use those earplugs at the hotel!

Midwest Chick said...

M.L.--Absolutely. He summed it up perfectly.

Aaron said...

Agree completely, it's truly been a pleasure meeting a fine bunch of folks.

Old NFO said...

Good folks all... :-)

eiaftinfo said...

It was a great time Ma'am. And my taste buds are still curious about your "Hot" fudge. It was very nice getting to know you - looking forward to next year!

Midwest Chick said...

Aaron and NFO: Yep and yep!

eaift: It's not just hot fudge, it's Hell Fudge. I'll post over at your place, but email me with your tolerance level and address: 1=Tabasco is too hot; 5=I sneer at habaneros or give me something in between.