Friday, March 28, 2014

I couldn't be more proud

This morning my nephew, so made by the bonds of tears and time with his mother, graduates from Recruit Training Command--Navy Boot Camp.  While it would be easy and trite to carry on about his childhood, I do not wish to tarnish this day that he truly enters into the service of the Navy and the United States or this decision he made as a man.

He worked for months to get into the proper physical condition, once he enlisted.  Via his mom, he said in one of his letters that 'he'd finally found his place.'

While this is the first step on a long journey, I believe that he is up to any challenge.  More importantly, he KNOWS that he is up to any challenge.

Not the easy path or the expected one, but I am so proud he has found his true path.

4 comments:

Monkeywrangler said...

Congratulations to that young man! I hope he enjoys his time in the Navy. Please thank him for volunteering to serve.

Old NFO said...

Congrats to him!

Brigid said...

I will add my congratulations. That is quite an achievement and one, I know, the family is proud of.

NotClauswitz said...

Me too! Many congratulations on that!