Saturday, March 8, 2014

Benchmade found!

I lost my Benchmade Mini-Barrage pocket knife several months ago.  So long ago that I replaced it with a Benchmade Emissary at least four months ago.

I think that New Cat hooked the pocketknife out from under the couch and batted it to the middle of the floor.  Either that or the House Gremlins finally accepted my offer of bacon for the return of the knife because I have moved the couch and looked under it several times in search of this particular knife.

To hedge my bets, I better make a trip to the bacon store......


4 comments:

Chas Clifton said...

Always a nice feeling. I blame the House Gremlins.

Midwest Chick said...

I'm inclined to agree. Bacon is forthcoming, or milk, or both.

Monkeywrangler said...

I once lost my expensive leatherman. It took over a year to find it--it spent the time apparently, resting on top of the water heater, next to the water softener. I had used it one day to cut open the salt bag for the softener, and set it down on a convenient flat surface, in order to hoist the heavy salt bag, and forgotten to pick it up.

Firehand said...

Daughter insists the reason some things disappear and(finally) turn up where they do is "You have a house brownie with a bad sense of humor."

Been a couple of times, if I'd caught the little bastard he'd have been the former house brownie.