Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What to do on a snow day....

...when your honey is at work?  Well, unfortunately for me, I can log into work (when the system is functioning properly) so I can get some small things done. 

But after that (or between logging on times)??

I called my best friend from college and we talked about birds at our respective feeders, complete with bird books opened on either side of the line.   I did get out and put out food for the birds, but it was so cold, I didn't take a lot of time for it.

I contemplated baking, but although I aspire to Brigidicity, the baking muse was not with me and I cannot write the way she does.

Painting??  Needs to be done, but nah.

Watching schlock television and keeping the wood stove going?  Bingo.

An okay day as it goes.  Back to the mines today.


5 comments:

Brigid said...

I'd have passed on the painting as well. If I had a bigger trebuchet I'd launch you a piece or two of pizza. It was almost as good as your bread.

If you're still bored, you COULD construct that feline scratching post in the shape of the upper thighs and buttocks of a shapely female so Oliver has something else to dig his little kitty claws into. :-)

Monkeywrangler said...

"Brigidicity"? snort! I love it! I just had to replace my oven bake element, as it burned out last night. Lots cheaper to do it myself.

Old NFO said...

LOL, in other words a LAZY day... :-)

Midwest Chick said...

Brigid: Now I know my next project--a trebuchet. Oliver does need that scratching post though so he's not clawing my butt.

Monkey: Brigid is my role model. As someone to aspire to be like, go for the best. Good on ya for the bake element!!

NFO: Exactly! :-)

exchange mom said...

it was nice to talk birds with somebody. :) check my facebook page you'll see pics of one legged birds. solving the mystery of how their legs don't freeze and snap off.