Saturday, January 18, 2014

Embarrassed for my gender....

From Murphy's Law, a woman who finds an AR-15 unloaded in its case that was inadvertently left behind in a rental car.  I can't believe this stupid bint and the hysterical verbiage she uses: 

“We got out of the car, we were kind of freaked out,” Judith Fleissig recalls of the moment this month when she and her daughter found the weapon. “I didn’t want to touch it.”
Thinking they would just call the owner, they searched for an ID, but there was none, she said. Her daughter unzipped the bag and said, “‘Oh my God, it’s a gun.’ I said, ‘I think I’m going to throw up,’” Fleissig said.

This type of verbiage does not seem to be limited.  From an MIT biologist during the Larry Summers/women in the sciences brouhaha:

 MIT biologist Nancy Hopkins ’64 said she felt physically ill as a result of listening to Summers’ speech at a National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) luncheon, and she left the conference room half-way through the president’s remarks.

I must have missed the class, or maybe it's only taught in Women's Studies, (the most useless department in any college or university right after the colleges of 'education'), but I don't generally go around getting the vapors or feeling physically ill if someone says something I don't like.  I get angry, I get hurt, I wish dysentery on them or for the person in question to spontaneously combust, but this other type of reaction is foreign to me. 

Maybe it's correlative to the idea that a woman should throw up on a potential attacker, as was suggested by the University of Colorado a few years ago.....

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Playing to the agenda, don't ya know... Sigh...

And OBVIOUSLY not a Southern girl! :-)