Saturday, December 14, 2013

Obscene phone call etiquette

So seriously, on my cell, an obscene phone call at 9:00 am on a snowy Saturday morning.  I can definitely say that I don't particularly want to join his and club and the fact that he actually gave me his name as well as an unblocked number cracked me up.  Of course I'm either adult enough or jaded enough that his use of verbiage didn't phase me in the least (I use them often enough myself, having the mouth of a sailor and all).  

A friend of mine suggested that I should have said I was going to call his mommy on him.  I had several scenarios that I thought about that would have probably escalated the situation and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that.  A couple more ideas ran through my head but I didn't want to emasculate him either--he's going after what he wants after all and he did state it clearly and wasn't pushy, just inquiring.

I chose to hang up.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hmmm, that's a strange one... Random number caller???

Midwest Chick said...

I have absolutely no idea. Even weirder is that, despite the fact that he called, he wasn't any creepier than a guy working it at a bar. I think maybe my life is just a bit more surreal than others'.