Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Surprises--Beef Wellingtonettes and Purple Dogs

Valentines Day has never been one  of my favs on the holiday scale.  Mr B taught me what Valentines Day can be today though.  On my way out the door, he asked me, as he often does, what I'd like for dinner.  I laughed and said Beef Wellington.

By this good green earth, I got Beef Wellingtonettes for dinner.  Little Beef Wellingtons with asparagus tips.  There was also a heart shaped box of chocolate Turtles on my chair and a purple dog with hearts waiting for me in the shower.


I'm thinking I need to rethink my holiday scale.

ETA:  Purple dog with hearts is not a euphemism.  Mr. B sent me to take a hot shower while he was cooking dinner and had put a stuffed animal in the shower for me to find.    Sorry KX--didn't mean to cause a disconnect.  And the Wellingtonettes were MOST tasty.  As was the asparagus (forgot to add that there was a rich cheddar cheese sauce over the top of those......

5 comments:

kx59 said...

I was totally tracking this, and getting hungry as well..mmmmmm....
Then I hit the bottom of the staircase one step too soon with the purple dog in the shower?

Midwest Chick said...

KX--Added some additional info to clarify. He seared the beef with spices, wrapped in dough, and popped it in the oven while I was in the shower after work.

Old NFO said...

Hmmm. I think he likes you :-)

Midwest Chick said...

Yeah, I'm very lucky!

Brigid said...

Your man can seriously cook. I've been lucky enough to join you for some of his meals (and your baked goods). Lucky you!

Barkley may not be able to find a stuffed dog in the shower but he can find ALL the little stuffed mice.