Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks!

As Borepatch points out, Thanksgiving is a uniquely American holiday.  It's been a topsy turvy year but there are people and things for which I give thanks:

Mr B:  He challenges me to be better than I am and to develop skills that I never would have attempted.  My friend and my true partner.

La:  My conscience and my reality check.  I'm blessed to have someone out there who truly  knows me and likes me anyway.

Brigid:  A gentle presence whose humor and company make the world a brighter place.  A true light in the darkness.

Og, the Ogwife, Oglet, and Partner:  It's good to know you're there.  Thanks for being our friends.  The world feels a bit safer with you there.

Old NFO:  Truly the most interesting man in the world.  Able to identify a knife at 30 paces.   I really don't have words.

Listed last but not least--My family--both by blood and by choice--my family, Mr B's family, folks I see mostly in the blogosphere, which helps us to keep in touch, even virtually.   I learn something everyday from all of you.




3 comments:

Borepatch said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Midwest Chick.

Old NFO said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lady, and thanks for being my friend! :-)

Brigid said...

Dang, there's some cat dander in here (either Tank or Bob, probably Bob, given the whole circumference thing).

I'm all girley and sniffley for some reason.

I love you guys too.