Sunday, August 26, 2012

Coded racism indeed.....

Since I didn't receive my copy of the Coded Racism Handbook that Michael Toure seems to think was passed out to all conservatives I have to look for these codes without any guidance.  And I think I found it in an interview with Marc Morial, the head of the National Urban League (you can listen to the whole thing below).  During the interview he talks about values and he talks about the 'seductive marketing' that Nike puts forth on the LeBron James shoes. 



So I'm hearing that the types of people who would buy these shoes are stupid enough to do it when they could be buying a computer or school supplies or food or whatever.  And it seems to intimate that parents aren't able to control the purchases for their children.  Further, they are dumb enough to fall for Nike's apparently mind-bending advertisements.  And so he thinks that Nike shouldn't sell the shoe (blaming the item rather than the buyer).  I didn't hear anything about LeBron James pulling his name from the shoes to make them less marketable, oddly enough.  Or maybe not oddly enough.

As a reminder, here's what happened with the release of Nike Air Jordans in December 2011. 





2 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's "our" fault they can't control themselves... sigh... And we're RACISTs to say anything too...

Brigid said...

I will have photos of the engine fest up tomorrow if Mr. B hasn't shared his already.

Sorry you had to work :-( but I'm loving the ring you got me for my b-day. I photographed it for a future post, the photos were lovely and greatly detailed when blown up. EJ looked at them and noticed the ring was inverted where you couldn't read the script on it and said something about "Knowing yourself is true wisdom, knowing up from down is . . ."

I laughed pretty damn hard

See you soon, I hope. Big hug.