Thursday, June 7, 2012

RIP Ray Bradbury....

Mr. B called me at work yesterday to tell me that Ray Bradbury died on Tuesday.  Bradbury's work had a profound effect on my life.  I've written before about Fahrenheit 451--I think it should be required reading in any advanced curriculum.  I just bought another copy of The Illustrated Man, which may have led to my love of tattoos, although none of mine move and the only story they tell is my own.  I remember the attempt to bring The Martian Chronicles to the big screen but Bradbury's work is so internal that trying to match his vision with anything concrete will not work.

Bradbury's vision of Montag's world in Fahrenheit 451 in some ways was prescient, but I hope his darker vision does not come to pass.  In the meantime, I'll remain attached to my paper and ink as my preferred reading mode.

Rest In Peace Mr. Bradbury.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Concur, and RIP sir, you WILL be remembered!

Midwest Chick said...

NFO--Yep. Am now re-reading The Illustrated Man. Even more powerful now that I'm revisiting.