Sunday, June 24, 2012

A picture cannot do this meal justice...

Since a picture couldn't possibly do the meal I had last night any justice, I will try my level best to describe and you can use your imagination.

Finely chopped chicken (marinated for two hours), red and yellow and green peppers, some onion, and BACON sauteed in a hot skillet in a blessing of cayenne and a host of other spices.

A sauce consisting of sour cream and ranch dressing to cool the spiciness of the chicken.

Tortillas lightly grilled on a cast iron griddle.

Shredded cheese.

Pinto beans with more bacon and a smoky ancho flavor.

Yeah....  life is good.

For all of that (and many more reasons), I will make sure that Mr B's beer is open when I hand it to him.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, yep, beer WILL be needed :-)

Brigid said...

That man is one damn fine cook (add to that your baking and I'm surprised I don't need my own zip code after spending weekends up there).

I mixed flour with secret herbs and spices, braised in a pan with walnut oil and butter til just starting to crisp up, then poured two cups of cream over the top, sprinkled with hot hungarian paprika, covered and baked on LOW two ish hours til it was fall of the bone tender, and served over potatoes. It was a hit.