Monday, January 16, 2012

Pole Dancing Redeux-repost

Some folks were having problems commenting on this (thanks for the heads-up Brigid), so I just put it into a new post.

Updating this:  Via Feral Irishman, Jenyne Butterfly, pole dancer.  This woman deserves an Olympic spot.  What she does is more spectacular and shows greater strength even than the guys doing the rings.  Plus with much better music and without having to look like a little girl, like female gymnasts today.






My thought--one is 'approved' by the literati, and one isn't.  What a shame.  Hoards of little girls trying to stay looking like little girls vs women showing strength and grace.


From March 2011:
Pole dancing deserves to be an Olympic sport more than ribbon dancing....  All of y'all can be the judges.  I vote pole dancing--these women do everything a professional gymnast does, but in 6 inch heels.




8 comments:

Midwest Chick said...

This is a test.

Brigid said...

It's working now.

After watcing that first video all I could think of was that I'd just managed to lay flat on the floor with an exercise ball under the foot of my bad leg and move my knee towards my hips. Woop de doo.

I think I will just go eat a Hostess snowball and throw myself off a cliff.

Midwest Chick said...

I'm doing sit-ups in between loads of laundry. I could yoga seven days a week and not get there, I think.

On the brighter side, you could use the Hostess snowball as a cushion so you won't hurt yourself.... ;-)

Old NFO said...

Unbelievable the strength and coordination those women show. And the hours they put in developing those routines have to be in the hundreds...

Midwest Chick said...

It's amazing. But yet what they do doesn't "rate" in the mainstream.

North said...

Brigid: I'll catch you. The pole dancers might be quite an experience for 15 minutes, but you would be a better experience in the long run.

PISSED said...

Midwest Chick, Glad you enjoyed it. I was amazed at her strength, agility and smoothness of motion in her performance. She is definitely a true athlete.

Midwest Chick said...

PISSED--it was great! As you can tell, I'm a fan of pole dancing--it irks me that such talent isn't recognized by a larger audience. Thanks for posting about her!