Tuesday, December 13, 2011

While talking to my sister....

Me:  Sorry about that.  Mouse.

Her:  Mouse??

Me:  Yep.  Squick me out. 

Her:  Don't you have four cats??

Me:  Yep.  Pretty sure they're overfed, but two of them are on the case. It ran into a room that I usually keep closed off in the winter but now I've opened the door so they can go for it.

Her:  Well, the mouse should be taken care of soon then.

Me:  Yeah, problem being that the circle of life thing generally happens under the kitchen table, right after they've chased it over my feet.

------------------------
Not sure why mice ook me out so badly.  I can handle spiders (even big smiley ones), roach bugs, and most other household creepies.  But can't handle mice.  Best I can do is trap them under a glass and toss the whole enchilada into the yard.  But I absolutely won't pick them up by the tail like Himself does.

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

I'd lend you Crash the wonder cat, but you might not want to give him back ... ;-)

Yes, he's that good as a mouser.

Midwest Chick said...

Our guys are pretty good once they're on the case. Problem being they like to play more than dispatch and I can only handle mouse screams for a limited time.

Himself says to tell you that if we borrowed Crash, he'd come back to you about 10 pounds heavier (not that I overfeed or anything).

Let's just say that Bob is weighing in at about 17.5 and when we got him he was 12 pounds (of course he'd been in a hardship situation so he needed some weight put back on).