Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shhhhh.... librarian at work...

I took a couple of days off between Christmas and New Years and have undertaken a Labor that would have made Hercules weep with fear--alphabetizing the library.  This includes the integration of both of our rather extensive reading collections.  So far Himself and I don't have a whole lot of duplicates, but as much room as I'm leaving in each section when shelving doesn't seem to be enough as I work my way through since I keep finding strays.  This project is taking much of my processing power so blogging will be light.

We're gonna run out of shelf space long before I hit the 'W's.  I'm betting 'M' will take whatever we've got left and I'm only at 'J'.  BTW, we've got floor to ceiling shelving--turned a whole room into a library area and we still won't have enough space.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Obviously you don't move often... :-)

Don said...

Welcome to my world.

Midwest Chick said...

NFO--Does 11 times in the last 20 years count as often?? The one thing I've always dragged with me are my books--much to the chagrin of the movers both to and from my fourth floor walkup in MA.

Don--Yep. But I'm getting a good sense of satisfaction from it!