Friday, November 25, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving

A wonderful time was had by all.  I got to talk with Himself's cousin--an Iraq veteran, world traveler, and gun aficionado for a time.  My folks came up, much food was consumed, dog shows and football watched, and just general family goodness.  My new bread recipe was a hit as were the tweaks I made to my famous chocolate pie (Brigid--you could actually eat it with a fork instead of a straw).

While we were with family, some blogfriends checked in--Borepatch, Brigid, and North and added some additional brightness to the evening.

And then I get a custom Black Friday Breakfast made by Himself--hash browns layered with ham, eggs done just right, and mild cheddar cheese.  Of course the only shopping I do will be online but I'm now fortified for some work around the house this afternoon....


Life is good and I'm very thankful.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yum, that looks GOOD! We had biscuits, ham and red-eye gravy for breakfast!