Sunday, November 20, 2011

I've posted this before but thinks recent events require it again: Buffy vs. Edward

Brigid apparently had the dubious pleasure of attending a showing of the new Twilight movie this weekend.  She took it in stride, naturally, laughing throughout despite the fact that it was not intended to be a comedy because she is a woman of taste and class and doesn't feel that a metrosexual teenager is the be-all/end-all of movie heroes. 

I find the whole Twi-Hard  phenomenon to be very scary and very sexist since if the tables were turned and 40-50 year old men were drooling over barely post-adolescent females, the lot of them would be thrown in the slammer.

But here's something that makes me feel better:



Still thinking about getting one of these....

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I STILL don't understand that craze... But I blame Anne Rice...

minimedic said...

How can anyone enjoy these movies? His acting is...well, horrid in these films...