Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  I spent yesterday baking--my contribution to the coming feast. 

I feel blessed to be where I am--to be with Himself, and to be living in the greatest country in the world.  I have a partner who, in addition to being my oldest friend, challenges me to think, teaches me new skills, and trusts me to drive a tractor straight at him and stop within an inch of his chest.  I don't have the words that describe my joy in him and being with him.

I am very lucky to have my Dad and my Mom, my friends, both IRL and virtual (or both)-La, one of my oldest friends and sister-by-choice (and now officially a crazy cat lady thanks to the mama cat who made a home in yard), D-PA my sister-by-blood and choice, my Kansas Cousin, A-my college roommate, Nancy, Brigid, Old NFO, the Mighty and Indomitable Og (and family and Partner), Dave at Cancer Ward to name a few--the list is now too long or I'd be re-creating my sidebar and my address book here (for which I am also grateful)..... 

My contribution for the day as requested (sorta) by my sister:

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Back at ya Lady, y'all enjoy the day!

Brigid said...

I am so thankful to have you two in my life. All of you, the blessing of laughter and trust.

North said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Borepatch said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Midwest Chick!

Midwest Chick said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! All of you have brought much goodness to my life this past year. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Your crazy cat lady comment cracked me up! BTW the TNR folks brought one if the female kittens back. She is not adoptable and I've named her AB (short for Angry Bitch)as she would hurl herself at the cage wishing to get her teeth into the humans whole stole her reproductive organs. So now there are two....You have been and continue to be a blessing to me. I wouldn't trade your friendship for anything and i'd be lost and crazier without it. Couldn't have chosen a better sister. La