Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rock Gods in Tights...

One of my favorite bands is Blackmore's Night.  It's a total win-win kind of thing--medieval music updated and Ritchie Blackmore, one of the reigning Guitar Gods, in tights.  Of all of their songs, my absolute favorite (the one that runs through my brain more often than not) is the Blackmore's Night version of the Deep Purple song "Soldier of Fortune".







Candice is a bit camp, but so is the whole idea and she's got a voice that would melt butter--she's the perfect front woman for this particular gig.  And it works for me, like the Transiberian Orchestra does for Christmas music.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Interesting video :-)

Midwest Chick said...

I realize the music is not to everyone's taste, but I love that particular song and I think their rendition of it is lovely. Also gives Ritchie a chance for a very nice guitar solo.