Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pain is all in the mind

A friend of mine participated recently in a pain study--one where they induce pain and then test cognitive abilities and use an MRI to see the changes that pain makes in the brain.  When I think of studying pain, I think of this:



Other things that cause me pain are Obama insisting that Congress has to "pass the bill" that is so egregious that even his own party can't get behind it; the continuing assault on our freedoms; and those tools that have nothing better to do than occupy space (and waste air).

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Some folks are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

P.S. TSA dog Barkley got into the cupboard and inspected ALL of the oven mitts again so I'm doing laundry.

Midwest Chick said...

It's Slinky, it's Slinky, what fun it's a wonderful toy!!

I'll be sure to hide the dog toys when TSA Canine Agent Barkley comes up, except last time he found the one I missed within about a minute and a half.