Monday, October 24, 2011

Liking Herman Cain more and more....

Romney is more polished but he's basically a big-government republican.  Perry has executive experience, but he's also got some baggage regarding illegal immigrants.  I listened to Cain on Don and Roma this morning and there were two things that impressed me:  1)  he's not afraid to say that he made a mistake; 2) he studies and learns because he is not under the (mistaken) impression that he knows it all.

One of the problems with the present administration is that Obama is sure that he knows it all and is not willing to listen to alternate viewpoints.  He's also willing to go around or through the Congress in order to make his worldview happen (for example, this mortgage deal that he's wanting to implement by executive fiat through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Cain doesn't strike me as a man who wants to be surrounded with 'yes' men.  He's willing to listen, to learn, and is actually (ZOMG) self-reflective enough to go back and analyze his words.  He's also, I think, a man for whom the Constitution holds meaning.  He's willing to call a friend a friend and a foe a foe.  He said that instead of putting ideology over reality, he'll listen to those with the experience that he doesn't have (it doesn't mean he'll do it, but he'll consider the alternatives carefully).

I'd really go for a Cain/Perry ticket right now and it would take something really big (not MSM-manufactured drama) to shake me from it.

I hope that the GOP machine is listening.  If they don't, they will have rendered themselves both obsolete and out of jobs.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, and watch the dems go absolutely bats**t :-) Cause the race card wouldn't work anymore...LOL

quizikle said...

First of all, I think O makes Junior look good ... who himself made Tricky look pretty decent.

So I dislike coming to O's defence...but, re: "Obama is sure that he knows it all and is not willing to listen to alternate viewpoints"

Given the people O has surrounded himself with, I'm not so sure he's wrong on this point.
Q

kx59 said...

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought Cain said in one of the past debates, he would not choose Perry as a VP running mate. I'm liking Cain a lot these days.
The Dems are not above playing the race card if Cain gets the nomination. They are already bats**t crazy.

Midwest Chick said...

I don't recall hearing that, but it would make sense about not choosing Perry.

The Dems might as well go back to their Jim Crow past the way they're going.

Cain impresses me more and more each day.