Friday, September 23, 2011

Wow--didn't think anyone other than Freddie could sing like that...

Via Cold Fury.  Marc Martel of the Christian band (yes there is a ton of irony here), singing Bohemian Rhapsody and part of Somebody to Love.  The second one is part of his audition for the official Queen cover band.  I echo Cold Fury's sentiment that if Brian May doesn't pick this guy, he's missing the boat.

He might not have the stage presence of Freddie, but that can be learned.  I can see him in the white jumpsuit or the wife beater shirt easily.   If he plays the piano, he's golden.





And the real thing, just because....

5 comments:

quizikle said...

As Larry at the Last Refuge says: It's good we don't all agree...

THIS is the real thing: "Somebody To Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbMWtUyIIE

Q

FrankC said...

Marc Martel is good, maybe even better than Freddie.

Old NFO said...

Wow- He's GOOD!

Midwest Chick said...

Q--I'll give you points for Grace, but I don't think that Marc would be a good substitute for her... ;-) Have to admit that when she did the theme from Mannequin, she lost me, but back in the day Jefferson Airplane was the way to go.

Frank and NFO--I was impressed too.

He's got the voice, it'll be interesting to see if he can strut the Freddie strut.

Brigid said...

The voice, oh yes. I saw Queen in concert in Seattle when I was in college. The stage presence would be really hard to capture, but the voice, yes, the voice is a winner.