Friday, September 2, 2011

My life is made of irony....

We have some Jehovah's Witnesses who come by every couple of weeks.  We've never really talked religion, but usually about MPG of the cars vs. diesel, tractors, and heating by wood.  They're nice folks and invite us to things, although we've never gone.

Today he came by with an older guy instead of his wife.  Since our guy is earnest enough and is just walking his talk, I was hoping to make him look good and so sat and read through his literature and chatted with them for a while about the devil.  After they leave I realize I'm wearing my Simon Jester shirt with the stylized devil on it.  *sigh*  Oh well, I tried.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL! You go Girl :-)

Midwest Chick said...

It was funny, but I was actually trying to make him look good in front of the new guy. Would that be a road to hell/good intentions situation?

Brigid said...

I could have been worse. You could have offered them a dish of your brownie cookies. It's like sex and sin on the same plate.

Midwest Chick said...

They'll be back in a few weeks. I'll plan on backing before then... ;-)