This indicates to me that he'd rather be an Evil Overlord rather than an elected official holding a sacred trust with the American people.
So, according to the Evil Overlord List, how's Obama fairing?
10. I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.--check, if Gitmo counts.
11. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.--check, at least the first part, even if it's not deserved.
13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.--check, if Bin Laden counts.
17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.--not-so-much (see #11).
21. I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap knock-offs that make them look like Nazi stormtroopers, Roman footsoldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and I want my troops to have a more positive mind-set.--check. MEchelle totally has this covered.
24. I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)--not-so-much (again, see #11).
45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.--not-so-much (again, see #11 or when he thinks that all regulations affecting farmers come under th USDA rather than the EPA).
61. If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad scheme?", I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies them.--not-so-much (again, see #11).
64. I will see a competent psychiatrist and get cured of all extremely unusual phobias and bizarre compulsive habits which could prove to be a disadvantage.--not-so-much since the narcissim is still in evidence pretty much daily.
74. When I create a multimedia presentation of my plan designed so that my five-year-old advisor can easily understand the details, I will not label the disk "Project Overlord" and leave it lying on top of my desk.--I dunno, does Attaaaaaack Waaaaaatch count?
100. Finally, to keep my subjects permanently locked in a mindless trance, I will provide each of them with free unlimited Internet access.--not-so-much, if the FCC Internet rules fly. Also see #74--Attaaaaack Waaaatch.
So I guess the bottom line is that Obama is really too incompetent (and caught up in #11) to actually be an Evil Overlord.
For goodness sake, he's still wandering the countryside talking about passing something that he's calling a bill, but isn't, since it was never introduced into the Congressional system (way to go, Mr. Constitutional Law Senior Lecturer). Or maybe it's just campaigning on the taxpayer dollar. Unfortunately for the next year or so, we have to put up with his nattering, unless Solyndra or the Fast and Furious issues come home to roost and Congress finds a cause for impeachment.