Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rest in Peace Scooter!

One of my dearest friends and my sister-by-choice and her son had to make the hardest decision for one of her furry companions this week.  After Scooter was diagnosed, my friend did everything she could to maintain her quality of life and finally it was no longer possible to do that.  One of the hardest part about being the human in these relationships is that we have to make the selfless, difficult choice to keep a being who shows us such grace and love from suffering.  And it sucks.  But they make it worth it, every day that they are in our lives.

So Rest in Peace Scooter.  You were a good companion and I know you'll wait for your people at the Rainbow Bridge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the post about my girl. No one truly ceases to exist as long as their name is said after their spirit is released. Scooter.

Midwest Chick said...

As long as we remember, they are with us.

The Old Man said...

BTDT. We had to release Scarlett (our MinPin) after 19 years of loving companionship on May 10. I look forward to our reunion - if dogs aren't allowed there, I ain't going! - and I'm sure she'll be as feisty as ever...
Take comfort in the fact....

Midwest Chick said...

TOM: I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I agree that if my critters aren't allowed, it's no place I want to be.