Thursday, June 2, 2011

Define Lewd... Possibly NSFW

ETA:  Possibly NSFW (depending on where you work). 

Well, I wasn't going to post about Weinergate, but just have a rather small nit to pick.  Everyone is calling the picture that has not been confirmed to be that of Congressman Weiner's briefs containing the turgid supposed junk of the Congressman 'lewd'.  I know that there are a whole bunch of other issues, such as a sitting Congressman using his verified twitter account to follow a bevy of girls half his age, etc. and the fact that he will neither confirm nor deny that the package in question is his..... 

But I'm not seeing it as all that bad, lewd-wise.  After all it really doesn't show more than David Beckham's Armani underwear ad (although the Congressman comes out on the short side of a comparison with Beckham).

Let's do a comparison, shall we?

Weiner (supposedly):



And Beckham (definitely):

















In the newest battle of the bulges, I'm calling Beckham a clear winner.  And if that's lewd, I'm okay with that.  At least he claims his package as his own.

7 comments:

Borepatch said...

Reason right there to vote him out. Can't have laws made by poorly-endowed Congressmen.

I was referring - of course - to endowment of intelligence. What did you think?

;-)

Midwest Chick said...

*grin* I have to admit that his behavior in this situation does call into question his supposed intelligence as well. And truly, if he was a Republican, he would have had to resign by now.

Southern Belle said...

I find it a bit funny that the guy's name is Weiner and we are calling this Weinergate.

Battle of the bulges? ROFLMAO!

Classic, just classic.

Midwest Chick said...

Thanks SB! Glad I could make you laugh! :-)

FrankC said...

Grey undies? Seriously?

Midwest Chick said...

Not only grey but boxer-briefs (which are very comfortable, I'm told) but aren't what I would call sexy.

At the very least he could have gone with something interesting, like a bikini--low rise mesh, if possible (quoting Bill Murray from Stripes).

From the pictures I've seen of his latest interviews, I keep expecting his head to explode like from the movie 'Scanners'.

North said...

Well story over. It wasn't hackers. It was Weiner's wiener.