Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Civics literacy exam

I was just commenting about this study and low and behold, Low Dog on the Totem Pole has an entire post, plus a link.  I got a 32/33 or 96.97%, although I waffled on two other questions.  It is interesting that there were quite a few questions on economics and such that many folks could stand to re-learn (or learn for the first time).  It didn't surprise me that the populace scored pretty consistently higher than our elected officials.

Go here and read Low Dog's post and here to take the test yourself.

8 comments:

FrankC said...

28 out of 33 and I'm not from there. Should I relocate and stand for Congress?

Midwest Chick said...

You'd do a far sight better than the folks in place now.

Kirk said...

26 of 33....not bad, considering I figured I would only get about 6 out of 33 (never really did good in economics or related subjects in HS). Gives me mixed feelings...proud that I did so well, yet scared that those who are running our country are dumber than I am!

Midwest Chick said...

Kirk--that is indeed the scary part and the part that's most problematic. When you have sitting Congressmen, who are sworn to uphold the Constitution saying that they don't care about the Constitution or when they are not aware of even the basics of civics and history, there is a disconnect.

Kirk said...

Maybe Tom Clancy had the right idea....get rid of all the politicians and start over from scratch. It worked for us 200+ years ago.

Midwest Chick said...

I think that starting over, especially when it comes to rules and regs, is the only way to go. Clear it all out and start again.

Spikessib said...

Agreed, and thanks for the link.

Midwest Chick said...

It was a great post! Thanks for discovering the link for the exam!