Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm going to go against the grain here

Everyone is happy that Bin Laden is now six-feet underground rather than standing above the sod, and that's great.  The Navy SEALs did what they do best and they got him.  And kudos to them because it was a long time coming.

Here's where I'm going against the grain.  As lovely as it is to have Bin Laden floating in Davy Jones' locker, the Obama administration has now created a martyr and there's no body for proof now (you have whole countries with the equivalent of a fifth-grade education--are they going to take DNA as evidence?--I don't think so.).  If you thought the muslim reaction to Terry Jones was bad, this is going to be a thousand times worse.  Nothing like setting a fuse to the powderkeg that the Middle East has become in the last few months.  Short game says that Obama needed something to show that he's tough on terrorists and to get a bounce, polls-wise, otherwise he wouldn't have been hogging all of the credit in his 'I'm a badass' speech last night.  He also needed another shell in the game to distract from his abysmal record and ratings.  So what't the long-game on this one?

Putting on my tin-foil hat (it goes so well with the wookie suit), I'm thinking the long game is to further destabilize the Middle East, cause terrorist attacks on our soil that would 'necessitate' greater government intervention in our personal freedom as well as destabilize our economy further than it is already.  Rationing books, anyone?  Travel papers?  Unreasonable search and seizure?  Why else would you trumpet this news all over the known universe?  Guess we'll have to see how it shakes out.

4 comments:

North said...

What horrifies me is my feeling that these wacko-tin-hat theories are so very reasonable to me.

We let inexperienced children run our country.

Correction:

We let inexperienced children ruin our country.

Southern Belle said...

I agree, North and I have thought the same thing, Midwest Chick.

I worry that all hell is going to break loose and the government will further seize power and violate our rights under the guise of keeping us 'safe'.

Midwest Chick said...

North--hopefully we'll prevent the inexperienced children from ruining our country....

SB--When I think how many violations of our rights have already been couched under that aegis, it really is not outside the realm of possibility. And the sheeple are letting it happen.

DirtCrashr said...

I would agree, but my familiarity with Muslim doctrine suggests that they rely on an actual corpus to make "Martyr-ific." All over India are ancient tombs of Muslkm martyrs, several hundred years and more old sarcophaguses and marble and ornate structures that are still bedecked with flowers...
I am more worried that this "Most transparent Administration" has just done a feint-disengage, first with the Birth Certificate that is a .pdf file of a .jpg - with weird artifacts - and who ever makes a .pdf for a .jpg? The one makes the other unnecessary.
And then this - right in the middle of Trump's TV show just to f* with him. Trump? That was Chicago Personbal, that was a fish in the face (or a horse-head in the bed).
And he's buried at sea because nobody else would accept the corpus.
Give me a f*ing break.
And a Media circus breaks out, and a 3rd World Class Bolivian-style Party in the Streets...

I remain un-convinced, as much as I want to celebrate, that this isn't a media orchestrated get-back and operation to convince the dumb-ass 53% to vote for him in 2012...
Remember he's from Chicago and nothing is too low.
I do not trust this Marxist. He has proven nothing to me and his too-willing Media accomplices have emerged from hiding to deck themselves in Higher Ratings - from which they benefit. I do not trust them either.