Monday, May 9, 2011

Hmmm... doesn't look like someone is making the proper connections

I heard in passing on the television news that OBL was collecting plans to interupt train service in the United States by sabotaging the rails to cause derailments.  It was supposed to coincide with the September 11 attacks.

However, over the weekend, there were at least two accidents in the New York City area--one was a commuter rail crash in New Jersey and the other was an empty Amtrak train that 'derailed and blocked an important route.'  A broken rail was to blame for the Amtrak crash and there was a 'mechanical failure' that was the cause of the commuter rail crash (article here).

I'm thinking that such a 'coincidence' is no such thing.  YMMV.

5 comments:

North said...

Sounds like we will be getting TSA for trains. Then we'll uncover a plot involving buses - TSA for buses.

You'll excuse me now while the TSA agents in my garage grope me so I can go drive.

Midwest Chick said...

TSA already did a dry run on trains in Savannah, GA and have plans for bus stations as well.

Actually you'll get uhmmm... probulated at the gas pump-- with the mileage tax that I posted about a few days ago....

North said...

Over the weekend I filled my son's truck, plus filled the spare/emergency gas tanks (25 gallons worth). More than $160 at the pump. I was a bit shocked. Then this morning my truck - another $70 or so...

Midwest Chick said...

Yep. It's another way of testing to see what the American public will tolerate. Amazing that now it's in Obama's best interests, gas prices are starting to come down.

North said...

I hate having a 'big oil' president in charge of our country. We need a president that promises to reduce the obscene profits that the old companies are making.

Oh. Wait. What year is this?