Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom who is one of those women who is truly a parent.  She was strict, set boundaries, and helped to teach me about personal responsibility. She still worries when I blog about my new concealed carry holster.  When I say something she just says that 'Moms are moms forever.'  I love you Mom!

ETA:  A special kudos to a woman I am honored to call a friend who raised her son solo.  He's graduating from high school this spring.  You are fantastic La and I am in awe!

Below are links to other folks who say thing much better than I do--I think all of them together start to paint a picture of what it means to be a mom.

A Small Mother's Day roundup:

Brigid at Home on the Range
Borepatch
MArooned--Jay G
Bookworm Room
Phlegm Fatale

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, couldn't have done it without people like you in our lives! You take your role in my child-raising village very seriously and it's made a difference La

Midwest Chick said...

I'm just support staff--you did the hard work! Love you!