Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Your world can change in an instant....

My college roommate (one of those rare friends with whom you can pick up a conversation you started a year ago) and her husband had their house struck by a tornado last night.  They have a dog and a cat missing, their outbuildings are rubble, no power, and what looks like trees where walls used to be in their house (which has chunks of roof missing also).  As soon as I heard, I wanted to spring into action, but was counseled to stay cool until I heard directly from my friend by Himself (as he put it:  "you don't want to be FEMA and go in and make things worse.").

They've now got a generator and are waiting for the insurance guy but in just a few minutes, their whole world turned upside down.  I can't imagine what she's feeling right now.  We are on hot standby with chain saws and other equipment should she need them this weekend.  She's boarding her menagerie, so we're on standby to help with that as well, should insurance not cover it.  I don't like the helpless feeling just waiting, but for her it's got to be a million times worse because she's living it.

IF you pray, please do so that she finds her missing family members safe and unharmed.  Things can be replaced, but our furry companions can't be.

8 comments:

North said...

I absolutely will pray for your friend. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Midwest Chick said...

She and her husband are pretty self-sufficient so I'm not sure she'll even ask us to come over. Appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

North said...

If a fund is set up, please let me know. Otherwise - prayers provided.

Guffaw in AZ said...

My prayers are with them.

Midwest Chick said...

North and gfa--Thanks!

Anonymous said...

They found Patch!!! He was four miles from the house, confused and sore, but ALIVE! La

Tango Juliet said...

Hoping for the best for all there!

North said...

Good! I hope that there is more good news!