Thursday, March 24, 2011

It was too good to not blog about.. Pole Dancing for Jesus

Pole dancing for Jesus.  Except they call it 'Pole Fitness for Jesus'.  Ecclesiastes 3:4 says that there is a 'time to dance' (I remember that from Footloose) after all.  The instructors say it's about 'connecting to God'.  And if God is represented by a phallic symbol, I dunno, something like a pole, I'm thinking they're totally on track.  I truly would like to muster more snark about this, but am finding that I can't.  It's getting these women off their butts, which is a good thing.  It's possibly preparing them for a second career option, which is a good thing.  They might take some of these moves home, which for their boyfriends and husbands, is a good thing.  I'm calling it a win/win.

Women embrace pole dancing for Jesus: wane.com


7 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

Hey, they're not hurting anyone. :)

North said...

That would cost extra, TJ.

Midwest Chick said...

TJ--that's why I was unable to muster proper snark. It's weird, but not any weirder than other stuff I've heard about and it's harmless.

North--Pole Dancing Dominatrices for Jesus?? I don't think my brain can properly process that.

Borepatch said...

That's one way to get church attendance up.

Midwest Chick said...

Might increase offerings too. But there will be a lot of $1 bills.

Ya know, I type something like that and think 'I am so much going to hell.'

North said...

Yay! Then we'll finally get to meet!

Midwest Chick said...

*gigglesnort*