Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dinner last night....

Sometimes Himself really spoils me.  Usually Tuesday night at our place is pizza.  But last night, as we were discussing dinner and the fact that the one place that delivers just isn't up to standards anymore, he states that we had some hamburger in the fridge and decides out of the blue to make homemade enchiladas.  These included homemade sauce and specially spiced ground beef--both wrapped in corn tortillas and baked with lots of mexican cheese melted over the top.  What made it even more special is that he spiced it up to his level of pain so that they would be spicy enough for my taste.  He proceeded the meal with a blend of the leftover meat and sauce mixed with melted cheddar cheese as a dip with corn chips for the appetizer.  I'm lucky enough to have some for lunch today too.  Sorry folks, didn't take any pictures, but dang, it was a spectacular meal.

4 comments:

North said...

There is, in me, a need to express caring by providing my wife a quality meal.

That sentence in no way conveys everything I would wish to convey. It is just really hard for me to adequately state how cooking a good meal for someone is an expression of love and caring. I pour love into what I make for my wife to the level that even a grilled cheese will convey feeling.

Not every meal is gourmet. That is happening less frequently. But when I get the chance to go all out and make a grand meal, I feel like I am playing every part in a symphonic arrangement. Played just for her.

I will cook for friends once in a while. It is the way that I will share a commitment to them, an almost maternal caring.

Midwest Chick said...

I am the most appreciative recipient of his cooking since I know that it is more than just a fantastic meal--that he goes out of his way to make it special and just for me. :-)

DirtCrashr said...

What? No tequila-cocktail apéritif??

Mr.B said...

Tequila makes her all {redacted} and then she gets really[REDACTED]....