Thursday, March 31, 2011

Color-coded causes

Okay, I think I reached the final straw on this.  Does every cause have to be color-coded for easy reference?  This Friday it's blue for autism awareness--not a ribbon this time, just the color.  Breast cancer awareness is a pink ribbon.  Red for AIDS awareness.  Purple (or rainbow, depending on who it is) is for gay awareness.  There are technicolor dancing bears for the Grateful Dead.  There are even websites with lists of ribbons and colors and meaning.  And some of them mean more than one thing. 

The problem being if you're not aware that you should be aware, all of these colors and coding mean absolutely nothing.  To me, the only one that matters is this one:

4 comments:

North said...

Yellow makes all the other colors possible.

Guffaw in AZ said...

What North said! I'm only slightly dissappointed my color is lime green. I've wondered if I went to a pink, chartreuse or mauve display with it, if I'd be sent home?

Brigid said...

"yellow makes all the other colors possible".

Amen.

Midwest Chick said...

North--indeed it does.

Guffaw--I think pink and mauve are taken. Lime green and chartreuse are pretty close-you might get away with it.

Brigid--what you said, twice over.