Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine's Day Message for Himself

I'm not one for Valentine's Day particularly.  I don't like flowers--I think they are prettier in-situ than sitting on the table where the cats can eat them and then throw them up somewhere else.  I'm not one for cards since I can never seem to find the one that speaks my heart (or to buy them on time, for that matter).  I'm also of the mind that I should try, every day, to let Himself know that I love him and appreciate him, and have a true appreciation and joy for the things that he does for me.  But here it is:

Happy Valentine's Day to my oldest, dearest friend and my love.  Thank you for all of the small things (and big things) that you do that make me smile.  Thank you for being there, for listening, for helping me to see that there are things that I can do--for believing in me and helping me to grow and showing me new vistas.  Thank you for walking this path with me. 

I love you!