Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Michael Barone has a very good point....

Via Insty, Michael Barone has an article in the Washington Examiner that, although I've talked about this with Himself, really brought home a specific point about public employee unions and where our taxpayer dollars are going.  In essence, we, the taxpayers, are sending money to the Dems by proxy.  Since we pay 100% of public employee salaries, from which union dues are taken, when the unions then send large donations to the Dems or spend union dues to lobby for higher taxes in order to garner more money for the unions (by proxy again), we the people are funding these efforts. 

This seems to me to be pretty easy to understand and I know I don't want my money going to the Dems or towards efforts to raise my taxes so that the unions can get more money to give to the Dems.  In fact, I don't want my money going to either party but would like to choose specific candidates so this whole proxy system is abhorrent to me.   I'm betting, from what's happening in Wisconsin and in other states with public employee unions, a lot of folks feel the same way.

2 comments:

DirtCrashr said...

I wonder where the Dems laerned this? SOP all over the Soviet Union and in the Middle East they use(d) proxies...

Midwest Chick said...

Makes it easier to sweep under the carpet. It's all a giant shell game.