Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Maybe they did it on purpose....

But I doubt it.  I saw the "quintessentially American" menu for the state dinner with Hu, the Chinese president tonight.  It included twice-baked potatoes, creamed spinach, ice cream, and pears with goat cheese.  Now, considering that 95% of Chinese folks are lactose intolerant, was this menu a deliberate setup for intestinal distress for the visitors or were the pikers in the White House just dumb again (and they think of Middle America as provincial)?  I'm voting the latter.

2 comments:

Michael Fagan said...

Ha! Smart girl! I'd like to believe it was on purpose - let the bastards from Beijing go hungry, I say.

Midwest Chick said...

I'd like to think it was deliberate, but honestly, considering their track record, it's giving them too much credit.