Tuesday, January 11, 2011

File this under good deed follies.....

Okay, so I take Himself's car last night to my yoga class in order to fill it up with gas before the expected snowstorm.  As I'm heading up the highway, I spot a dead deer on the road, too late to swerve.  So I take the car right over the top.  It didn't seem like I hurt it since the alignment was still spot-on, aside from the bits of bambi spattered around and the smell of cooking venison coming from the engine compartment.

Himself noticed a weird thump when he drove it to work this morning so he took it to the shop to put it up on the lift since there's no way to shinny under it unless you're an anorexic two-year old.  And he found the below lodged under the car.  Aside from a bunch of scratches, the only thing that seemed to be damaged was one of the muffler brackets so I really lucked out.


The deer was not so lucky.....

3 comments:

FrankC said...

"weird thump" so the deer had been playing an off-tune bass guitar?

Midwest Chick said...

It's hard to play good base with only one front leg....

Midwest Chick said...

Umhhh...that would be bass.